1. Self-assessment of Competence.
Familiarize yourself with the competence areas of vocational teacher and answer the questionnaire you have been sent via email.
Complete and further elaborate your self assessment before and during the first study module.
2. Based on Your Self-assessment, Create Your Personal Study Plan (PSP).
Download a COPY of this PSP template. Upload the copy with YOUR NAME in the title and SHARE with your tutors. (Share = send a link of the on-line/cloud document to your tutors. Don’t send the actual document, just the link.)
Your personal study plan will determine your personal study path for the upcoming fall 2017 and spring 2018. It will also determine if you will progress with the team schedule or if you have adequate competence that you can show in some other way. PSP should be kept up-to-date (and on-line). The PSP has to be approved by the tutors, before any credits will be given.
3.1 MY COMPETENCES AND BEING A VOCATIONAL TEACHER
BLOG TASK (First blog task):
Reflect on your competence, based on the results of the preliminary task (questionnaire).
- What are the starting points of my vocational teacherhood?
-Reflect on your previous strengths and your previous competences.
- How do I want to develop as a vocational teacher? What motivates me?
3.2 FAMILIRIAZING MYSELF WITH THE STUDIES AND PLANNING AHEAD
BLOG TASK (Second blog task):
- What studies support and nurture (foster) the development of your core competences?
- How will you schedule your studies? (Understand that the online sessions form only a fraction of the total time spent on the studies!)
- Consider the possibilities teaching practise in your own field of work. In which vocational institute or polytechnic or other institute can you carry out your teacher practice? What core contents shall you concentrate on? Which target audience shall be your students? Or shall you go abroad for the Teaching Practice? (The School can help you financially!)
- What prior competences or learning shall you present to be accredited?
–Familiarize yourself with the accreditation policies of the school.
3.3 MY FUTURE AS A VOCATIONAL TEACHER
BLOG TASK (Third blog task):
Write about your vision and future goals as a vocational teacher.
The blog tasks 3.1, 3.2. and 3.3 have to be written to your blog and approved by the tutors so that the appropriate credits can be given!