1. Self assessment of competence.
Familiarize yourself with the competence areas of vocational teacher and answer the questionnaire you have been sent via email.
Complete and further elaborate your self assessment before and during the first study module.
2. Based on your self assessment, you will make a personal study plan (PSP).
Download a COPY of this PSP template. Upload the copy with YOUR NAME in the title and SHARE with your tutors.
Your personal study plan will determine your personal study path for the upcoming fall 2017 and spring 2018. It will also determine if you will progress with the group schedule or if you have adequate competence that you can show in some other way. PSP should be up to date.
2.1 MY COMPETENCES AND VOCATIONAL TEACHERHOOD
Reflect on your competence based on the results of the preliminary task (questionnaire).
- What are the starting points of my vocational teacherhood?
-Reflect on your previous strengths and your previous competences.
- How do I want to develop as a vocational teacher? What motivates me?
2.2 FAMILIRIAZING MYSELF WITH THE STUDIES AND PLANNING AHEAD
- What studies support and nurture the development of your core competences?
- How do you schedule your studies?
- Consider the possibilities teaching practise in your own field of work. In which vocational institute or polytechnic or other institute can I carry out my teacher practice? What core contents shall I concentrate on? Which target audience shall be my students? Or shall I go abroad for Teaching Practice?
- What former competences or learning shall I present to be accredited?
–Familiarize yourself with the accreditation policies of the school.
2.3 MY FUTURE AS A VOCATIONAL TEACHER
Write about your vision and future goals as vocational teacher.