Part 4. Assessment of Teacher Practice Videos (Pair Activity)
- In the same pairs as Part 2, you will need to choose two videos to watch from the site http://www.timssvideo.com/. (It can be any two).
- Individually, view the videos.
- Individually comparing the two videos, answer the following questions:
- What did you like about the practice? why?
- What did you not like about the practice? why?
- What theory(ies) of learning did the practice reflect? How was this demonstrated?
- Reflect on what you saw with your pair (you can reflect together virtually on your own time).
- Create a new 4 – 5 minute video together using the free version of https://www.wevideo.com/ (you can use the same account so that you can virtually work on the video at the same time). Using screen shots from the Timss videos as your base, create a video that discusses about the specific aspects of the practice you observe and your reflections. In other words,use text or audio to provide your reflection on top of the imagery from the Timss videos.
- A link to your video is due as a post on this page in time for the last AC session on 7.12.17.
A link to your video should be posted in the discussion box below as a post on this page by the December 7, 2017 AC session.
How you will be assessed
Assessment for this activity will be made on your individual images on a scale (1 to 5) using the following criteria:
- Task completed on time and placement of blog post;
- Reflection covers the assigned questions; and
- Professional reflection: ability to connect academic learning with professional context(s) during the discussion of the image.